Recent Posts

2.26.2012

New Goods



G'day!

My bff and I went fabric shopping today!  (And to Wendy's!  Best day evaaaaaah!  lol ;)
There's this place about 10 minutes from us called Osgood's.  It's a massive, massive fabric store.  It's like a single-story Mood.  AMAZING.  If you are ever in New England, I highly recommend paying Osgood's a visit...  you will not be disappointed:


Via

That's not even half of the store!  :O

I have been on a sewing-for-Emmy kick for so long now, I think it's time for some selfish sewing, eh?!  Methinks yes!  Last week when Tasia had a birthday sale on her patterns, I picked up the Renfrew Top and the Minoru Jacket.  I LOVE that jacket so much, and everyone's versions so far have been fabulous!  Definitely Google it if you haven't seen them!

I know I want to make the jacket in a brightish color, something good for Spring and Fall, so at Osgood's I got this tangerine-y/tomato-y canvas fabric.  MAD love for this color!



     
And then just now when I was on Sewaholic.net to get these pattern images, I realized I am not the first one to make the jacket in this color:




Oh right!  It's the same color as Tasia's example!  Perfect then - I know it'll look great!  Ha!  :D

And then I got this pretty dark blue floral poly-something to make the Pendrell Blouse that I've had cut out for like a year:




Pretty, yes?  I think I traced off view B, but I don't remember (and I don't feel like getting up to check because I just ate Wendy's.)  I love it.  Can't wait to make this one either!

So that's that!  Awesome day.  Must go sew now.  :)


Love to all! 

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Wow! i think I would have a hard time leaving that store. And those patterns look like a lot of fun. I picked up some patterns for myself last week. Now I just need to have this baby and get rid of the baby weight first....

    Can't wait to see more of your awesome clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This warrants a trip to New England! We have limited access to fabric stores with good selections here. That would be such a dream to shop in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?!?! Definitely go there if you can!! It's ridiculous.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...